To coordinate, promote, and implement Utah’s public land priorities.
To empower all to enjoy and flourish from Utah’s public lands, providing Utahns with unique and lasting opportunities for access, economic prosperity, and stewardship.
Development and Coordination of Policy Initiatives
- We developed and coordinate the State’s public lands policy initiatives.
Resource Development Coordinating Committee (RDCC)
- We oversee and staff the Resource Development Coordinating Committee responsible for commenting on development and conservation proposals on Utah’s public lands.
Constitutional Defense Council (CDC)
- We provide research and administrative support to the Constitutional Defense Council that advises the Governor and the Legislature on federal intrusion into matters reserved to the states.
- We defend the State’s policies and interests on public lands by providing research, staff, and litigation support to the Attorney General’s Office.
- We work to preserve thousands of archaeological sites located on Utah’s public lands. We coordinate the preservation of our archaeological heritage with other state and federal agencies. We also issue permits to regulate proper survey and excavation of archaeological resources.
State Planning Coordinator
- We cooperate with the state planning coordinator to develop policies, plans, programs, and processes related to the state planning coordinator’s duties.