Kathleen has extensive experience in natural resources policy, planning, management, and collaboration.
Her previous assignments included:
- Director of the Bureau of Land Management (appointed by President Bush and unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate) (December 2001)
- Executive Director of the Utah Department of Natural Resources
- Executive Assistant to the U.S. Rep. James V. Hansen (Ogden office)
- Deputy Commissioner for the Utah Department of Agriculture (April 2007)
- Assistant to late Senator Wallace Bennett (Utah)
A native of Bountiful, Utah, Kathleen attended Utah State University graduating cum laude with a BA in Political Science.